Sunday

Installing an Arrow Shift Rod on a 2015-2016 Indian Scout....yes it can be done!

Here is the debrief on the Arrowhead Shifter Rod  for the Indian Scout 2016 (and assuming 2015). Todd dug in and is providing detailed information that will hopefully help future 2016 Indian Scout Riders.


The Perfect scenario for your fellow Indian Scout 2016


CHALLENGE:  The Indian Scout 2016 shifter rod length is 13 ¾” your is 11 ¼”. Both are 5/16” 24 threaded


BEST SOLUTION      If length was increased to 13 ¾”, no extensions would be required                                   
             -Left Hand thread the back end of rod LH 5/16” instead of right hand thread                                                      -No additional parts would be required 
              -This would make for a very easy replacement!


This would allow the adjustment of shifter height to work as designed by Polaris. The LH threaded heim joint allows one to adjust the shifter peg up or down by just spinning the rod without removing the “Heim Joint”. That would make it a perfect fit!


MY SOLUTION FOR MY SCOUT:


I ordered two extensions a 3” and 2”. I also order one Right Hand (RH) Heim Joint to replace the original rear heim which is LH threaded. Once I received these items I was able to install the Arrow Shifter. I used the 2” extender which kept my shifter in the original position. If someone wants their shifter higher they may want a 3” extender


I would definitely prefer a LH thread on back end of Arrow Shifter. If you can make an Arrow Rod LH threaded on the feather end (rear) I would love to swap  mine out.


You should have all the information now. The last person you spoke with, I believe did not know it was a LH thread. That is why he machined either the Rod or the Heim Joint, to fit.
 
Thank you Todd for this valuable information for those who are interested in acquiring an arrow shifter for their new Scout.  I appreciate your time on this!
Mr.G