Sunday

Our Friend Mickey Jones has passed away, February 7, 2018


For anyone who did not know that Mickey Jones has passed on.....I offer this small tribute to a wonderful man, musician, actor and just all around great guy!!




Mickey Jones   This is a post from Michael Gregory's FB page: "Mickey has gone on to greener pastures. I was on my way to Simi Valley to say last goodbyes when Suzanne called and said, "Mickey passed away this morning around 2 AM". I stopped by to see Phyllis who was with him when he peacefully went to sleep. Pray for his Phyllis and his family. I would say that "he doesn't need prayers because If anyone deserved a pass right into heaven, it was Mickey Jones". He never met a stranger. He only met friends he hadn't met yet. Everyone who knew him, knew that. He gave of himself in an effort to help others and always to make the world a better place. I was honored to be his friend and to have shared time with him over the years.  See you on the other side, Brother. Keep on Rockin'!" 


I had planned on being at the funeral, but came down extremely ill and was so dizzy I could not fly.  Michael provided me with details of his funeral....I really wish I could have been there!



There was a standing room only, overflow crowd to celebrate the life of Mickey Jones at the Trinity Lutheran Church in Simi Valley today. His wife, Phyllis, wrote the words on the program below. Friends from all over came and shared their reminiscences of this truly "special" man. His longtime friend and former band mate, Johnny Rivers, spoke and sang at both the service and at the grave site with many tears flowing all around. Mickey gave so much love to so many that if anyone deserves the "EZ-Pass" into Heaven, it's Mickey Jones. It might not be thunder you hearing, but Mickey Jones playing in the Band of Angels. Rock On, My Brother!!

Mickey was a wonderful guy and anyone who knew him would say the same thing.  We will miss Mickey and he will always be remembered here on the Custom Indian Motorcycle Parts Blog Site!!  These are a couple of  my favorite photos of Mickey.........






God speed Mickey Jones....we all loved and admired you....till we meet again!!